Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Our Family Reunion


So this must be some kind of record - 3 posts in 3 days! Wow! I am determined to get caught up so that I can start posting what we did yesterday, instead of 2 months ago! So in Sept, we had an awesome family reunion with the Smiths down in St. George, UT. What a blast! The Smiths are always so much fun, and it was great to see everyone! We miraculously made the flight, but unfortunately our luggage didn't (I know, I know, we above all others should know by now not to check luggage - well it's a long story, but just know that we didn't want to and it wasn't our fault!) so we did not have our camera with us the first day, when we went and hiked Zion Nat'l Park. My awesome cousins took some of our kids, so hopefully I can get those and add them in later. But it was a great day! I haven't been to Zion's FOREVER! It was such a gorgeous day, the weather was perfect, and you couldn't beat the company :) The kids were great, they love hiking, and they were actually kinda bummed that we didn't do any difficult trails! My adventure-seeking husband decided to do a little rock climbing, and climbed up about 20 feet of a cliff. He discovered that climbing is easy, but getting down without a rope...well that's a bit tricky. He still declares that he "was NOT stuck", but we had a good time teasing him about calling in a ranger! (we didn't, he got down by himself...eventually!)
Our second day was spent at Sand Hollow, which is gorgeous! It is so rare to see this kind of scenery! We were able to get in a little wakeboarding, although it was pretty choppy so we mostly rode the tubes. The kids had such a great time playing in the sand and helping build a huge sand castle! They were all so covered in sand, we could have made a sandbox out of the bathtub when we got back!

And I love this picture of Araleigh, testing out the water with the big star-tube! I think that's about as close to the water as she got. She had so much fun! And to the losing beach ball volleyball team (aka Dave's team ;) ), better luck next year!!!

2 comments:

Gwen said...

That's so funny you had to call in a Ranger to help Dave down! Hahahaha!

E Terry said...

This was a really fun day at the lake! I couldn't believe how red the sand was. I put so much sun block in Kason's hair that I had to wash it 3 times to get it all out hahaha! It was so great to see you guys at the reunion! You guys comin for Thanksgiving and Christmas?