
I have become a pro at traveling the subway with my kids. I get a lot of looks that say "that girl is crazy", but we have fun! Our first trip down was a few weekends ago when Dave's dad and bro came out to attend a Cubs game. So I decided to take the kids into the city and meet them somewhere after the game. I must say how happy I am that my kids can be so entertained without spending a penny! We first went to the mall where they have a Lego store. This place is a lot of fun! They have tons of huge Lego creations, such as the Lego Lady (pictured above), and Darth Vader(pictured below). There is also a replica of Chicago, complete with the Sears Tower and the Hancock building, a giant (we're talking like 6 ft wide) spider, King Tut's mummy, Godzilla, and an airplane. There are also big bins of Legos throughout the store, which kids can just play with all day. The employees all play with the kids, too. It is such a fun place to visit and it didn't cost me anything! I love it!

When the game was over, we met up near Millenium Park, where they have these "spitting fountains" (I'm sure they have a real name but I don't know what it is). These big columns have images of people's faces on them and after making faces at eachother for a few minutes, they "spit" at eachother! It's basically a funny and entertaining splash park.


I have also been pretty spoiled to have quite a few dates in the city as well! When we lived here before, I think we had one date in the city that whole 2 years. But recently Dave has been on this kick where he feels like he can suprise me with shows almost every weekend!! I love it! We first went to Mamma Mia! which was so fantastic! We were there on opening night and the energy was amazing! It was so much fun! Then he suprised me with Wicked! That was a great show! I have been wanting to see it forever! It first came to Chicago while we were living here and it wasn't supposed to stay too long. Well now, 3 years later, they are ending the run in January, so I am so glad to have seen the Chicago cast before they were done! The performance was amazing, everyone did such a great job! And last, but certainly not least, he suprised me with one of my favorite movies of all time, now live on the stage:

Dirty Dancing! What an amazing show! It was just like watching the movie, only with way more dancing, and they added a little depth to some of the characters! It was so much fun! You just can't beat the energy of a live show! When he gave the famous line (fans will know which one I mean :)) the audience was literally screaming! It was so much fun!
So yes, I have been super spoiled lately, and I am kind of getting used to it :) I love the city, and especially dates there! While walking back to our car I got a picture of Dave's building. It's kind of blurry, but you can still see what a beautiful building it is. Next time we're there I'll try to get a better one. It really is a cool building!


No comments:
Post a Comment