Friday, June 12, 2009

We are runners!!!


I have never been a "runner". I have hated running my whole life! In school when we had to run a mile, I ran in exactly enough time to pass and not have to do it over and that's it! So the decision to train and run a 5k was pretty huge for me :) But I did! I ran an entire 5k without walking any of it! I know most of you who read this will be like, yeah, big deal, I run marathons all the time. Well for me this was a big accomplishment!!! Yes, I was super slow, but in part because I was recovering from food poisoning 2 days before the race...ok who am I kidding, I'm just slow without an excuse :) But I have to say, I actually like to run now! It's actually kind of fun! I know I'll never be insane enough to run a marathon, but this 5k thing is pretty good :) So of course, Dave joined me and trained for a week, if you can even call running twice "training" and he kicked my trash with master blisters on his feet! The boys ran the kid's mile, Traeden did awesome, and Jax did pretty good even though he wasn't feeling great that morning! This is going to be an ongoing thing for our family, we go running together every Saturday now! Such a fun way to have something we can all do as a family to keep us healthy!

7 comments:

Julie said...

I'm really proud of you!

E Terry said...

Brandis! I'm so proud of you! I can't believe you RAN the whole time! Seriously, how do you do it?!?! I, like you, hated running as well! But I'm now walking/running every morning 2 miles. I walk most of it, but I do try to run and challenge myself to run a little more each day. It totally wears me out so I'm just amazed at people who run the entire time! Anyway, GREAT job, and tell your 3 guys good job too! :)

The Love Bunch said...

That is awesome! Good for you!

Wendy said...

Congrats on running a 5K. I was going to sign Ben and I up for one this summer, then I ran a couple of times and decided not too. Good job with sticking with it. That's exciting!

Jessica said...

Congrats, that's awesome.

P.S. you are welcome anytime :)

Jessica said...

And by welcome, I mean, welcome to visit any time..ha.

Villarreal's said...

How WONDERFUL! That is so awesome to have the support of ur family! Keep it up gal, I started with a 5k, kept running and trained for a half marathon. It makes u feel great and that's what pulls you into being one of the crazy people that loves running! ;)