Friday, June 26, 2009

Zoo Day


This is kind of a random post, but I wanted to get these pics on here before I move on to bigger events :) I am very lucky to hve some great friends here in Chicago, and we all have memberships to different places so we all get each other in for free! It's a nice system! So this was a trip to the Brookfield Zoo with my friends Sarah and Amber and our cute kids (just the little ones, big ones were still in school) It's a really nice zoo and we really had a great time! Araleigh loves animals more than any kid I have ever seen, it is so fun to watch her get so excited!!! She is all smiles and squeals of joy all day!
This huge dinosaur roars and moves his tail and spits water! It is very life-like! There is actually an entire dinosaur exhibit with more Jurassic Park - like dinosaurs which is really cool. Araleigh is a little freaked out by it, though!
The giraffe exhibit was really neat, the giraffes could get so close to us! This one came right up to Araleigh, she was so excited!!!
This was some kind of monkey, I can't remember what kind. One of the big ones, but not a gorilla. The kids thought it was so hilarious when he decided to relieve his bladder right in front of us, he seemed to enjoy the laughs he got. I think he was showing off a little :)
We ended our day with a little play time at the park, climbing on fun animal statues and posing for pictures. What a fun day!!!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

I'm glad you're enjoying it out there.