Monday, December 7, 2009

14 hours in NYC


In general, this blog is about my kids, but they haven't done anything super exciting lately, and I have, so today it's about me :) So, I have always wanted to go to NYC, but had never been there, until now! Dave was very involved in putting together an event for customers to use their miles to purchase a super extravagant 5 course meal with Chef Charlie Palmer in Grand Central Station, and we were able to attend!! It was a whirlwind trip, but it was a lot of fun! So arriving at Ohare, we found that our flight to La Guardia had been canceled due to high winds from the hurricane, so we scrambled to find another flight, which ended up being one to Newark at about the same time. Well, there were high winds there, too, so we were delayed. A lot. And even once we actually took off, we had to hang out, circling the sky for a while. It took forever! But we finally landed, jumped on the train to Penn Station, hopped in a cab to Grand Central, and made it late but in time for the end of the first course. Once we were there, it was fabulous!!!!! The food was AMAZING, it was so fun to get to know a lot of really great people, and the setting was beautiful!


Grand Central Station is huge and absolutely gorgeous. It was the only NYC "attraction" that we saw so we will definitely be heading back. But, hey, I can finally say that I've been to New York!


Charlie Palmer was the nicest guy, so friendly and personable. I had barely met him, but by the end of the night he felt like an old friend. I felt totally comfortable asking him to pose with me for a picture, which is normally very hard for me.

After dinner, we were tired and it was pretty late, plus we had all our stuff with us, so we didn't do any sight-seeing. Just jumped in a cab, which got lost on the way to the hotel :) Then we were up bright and early to fly home the next morning. 14 hours! Whew! But it was a lot of fun and a great night away from my lovely kids :)





2 comments:

Julie said...

I can't believe you went without me!!!

The Love Bunch said...

Sounds like a ton of Fun!