Sunday, March 22, 2009

St. Patty's Day in the City!


I finally saw it!!! After all these years, wanting to see the Chicago river when it was dyed green for St. Patrick's Day, we finally saw it! I convinced our friends, Chris & Kim and cute kids to ditch chores and join us too! I have a talent for convincing people that stuff like that can wait until later :) It was a beautiful Saturday (we don't see many of those around here yet) so we just had to get out and see it. It was really neat! Of course, the pictures don't really capture the green as well as I wish it did, but you can tell that it is unnaturally greener than usual.
So then it turns out our friends hadn't been to Millenium Park, so of course we had to show them the "bean" sculpture, which the boys had fun doing unique poses under - these are some of my favorites:
And then what would a trip to the city be without topping it off with what is, in my opinion, the best deep-dish pizza at Giordano's!?! Mmmmmmm...... Yep, great day!

2 comments:

Villarreal's said...

How fun! I love chicago, definatley a great town to tour. sounds like u guys had a great time, and u talking about pizza is not cool, just made me hungry!

The Love Bunch said...

Thanks for the blog address. Now we can keep up with you guys a little better.
I will take you up on your offer next time. I hope you are ready for the CRAZY Love Family! I'm sure after one night you will not want us to come back ever again! Anyway, We are thinking about coming in May sometime. I will let you know and see when is best for you guys.