Sunday, June 15, 2008

Our little gymnast!!



I have been wanting to post these pics for a month now!! I had Araleigh in a little toddler's tumbling class and it was the cutest thing ever! She LOVED it! I think her 3 favorite things had to be the bar, the donut, and the "spiderman". She really loved dangling from the bar and putting her legs "together, apart". She thought that was pretty cool. Now anytime we go to a park with a bar, she points and looks at me with those huge blue eyes and says "toge-er apar?" The hardest part is getting her to let go, she'll hang on there forever!
The "donut" is this big cushy cylinder that the kids loved to climb in and out of. And in...and out...and in again...and out...what, it's circle time? Oh, well I'll just get back in...and back out...and maybe in again... well, you get the idea. The teacher had to remove it from the room on several occasions. I don't know what is so enticing about a big foam circle, but apparently it's "the place to be".
And finally, there's the "spiderman". Araleigh's teacher was helping her this time, but she can do it all by herself. And she does. All the time. She spontaneously feels the urge to be upside down, so she'll go to a wall, or the couch, or whatever happens to be closest to her, and she'll do "upside-down". It's pretty funny. She'll be very good at yoga someday.
So, anyway, that was our fun gymnastics experience! I'll probably do another class with her this fall, it was really fun! She would get soooo excited when we'd pull into the parking lot, and scream "class! yay! class!" I was sad when it ended!

2 comments:

Gwen said...

That has got to be the cutest thing you have ever posted!!!

Villarreal's said...

How fun! We put Natalia in a tumbling class too for a few months. It was cute to see her jump around! It was actually pretty funny to see her scared, when she willingly bounces around on all of our furnature! Gotta love kids!