

Well the other day we had what I call, well, a DAY. Every once in a while Jaxon just likes to remind me why it won't be such a bad thing for him to be in full-day kindergarten. So a few days ago he was sitting on the floor, coloring a birthday card for Uncle Danny, harmless, right? Sure, until I left the room for a minute, only to come back to a nice hot pink patch on out light tan carpet. It wasn't too big, only about the size of a dinner plate. He really did a great job making sure that every strand received the brilliant pink glow. He had a fabulous time scrubbing it. So fabulous, in fact, that as soon as he was done he decided to decorate himself a lovely green color, very flattering. His skin may have felt left out. He was so excited to get to scrub that off too. His scrubbing skills were really improving. I just didn't realize how much he enjoyed the scrubbing until about an hour later when I came in to see his happy, yet bright blue, baby sister and a high chair to match. Well this time I scrubbed the baby, but he still got to scrub the high chair, and then ponder his artistic path in a time out. It turns out that Araleigh is very forgiving, though, and even let him do a little photo shoot with mom's digital camera while mom was out of the room for literally one minute (when will I learn??). Notice how he captured he brilliant blue eyes and adorable pouty lips... When does school start...?????
1 comment:
I have had a few days with my kids where they have tested my patience and nerves to the very edge, so I know how it can feel, but I have to admit, hearing about somebody else's experience made me laugh! What else can you do (that's reasonable) after all?!
Post a Comment